The Singapore Maritime and Port Authority (MPA) has issued a circular advising of recent revisions of anchorages, fairways, and channels in the port of Singapore.
The revisions will come into effect on 1 June 2015.
- The existing West Jurong Anchorage (Abbreviated Code AWJ) will be discontinued;
- The boundaries of the Temasek Fairway will be revised; and
- Additional types of vessels that can anchor in:
- Selat Pauh Anchorage (Abbreviated Code ASPLU)
- Raffles Reserved Anchorage (Abbreviated Code ARAFR)
- LNG/LPG/Chemical Gas Vessel Anchorage (Abbreviated Code ALGAS)
MPA Singapore reminds the shipping, harbour craft and pleasure craft communities that any owner, agent, master or person-in-charge of a vessel who uses any anchorage, fairway or channel for a purpose other than that specified by the Authority or in a manner contrary to the Port Master’s directions shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $5,000 and, in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine not exceeding $1,000 for every day or part of the day during which the offence continues after conviction.
The revised list of designated anchorages, fairways and channels that will be incorporated in the Second and Third Schedules to the MPA (Port) Regulations, as amended by the MPA (Port) (Amendment) Regulations 2012
For more information please contact BLA Singapore
Tel: +65 6420 9171
Mobile: +65 9070 0181